Sunday, January 10

1/9 Big spenders keep me in the green

I'm really torn on yesterday. On one hand it sucked:
  • Lil Nicky lost a transmission so I was the only driver all day. Meaning I was super-busy
  • I got a record number of stiffs. 7!* That's 28% of my deliveries that didn't tip me at all. When did not tipping become acceptable?
  • I ran into a bush while trying to three-corner turn on a narrow street. The owners were in their driveway but had their back turned. I hope I didn't hurt their bush and I hope they didn't see me.
  • I ran into a ditch coming off a driveway that I know is narrow and has a steep dropoff on both sides. I was feeling great because they tipped me $5 and in return I got to get them their pizza in 25 minutes instead of the hour that the online ordering promised, so I wasn't paying much attention to what I was doing. I don't think my car was hurt; my back hurt a bit last night but it's fine now.
On the other hand, my night was AWESOME:
  • I got two $10 tips in one night (one was a pretip, so you know I hooked them up with extra sauce-cups for their breadsticks),a $7 tip, and three $5 tips.
  • While dawdling around my 2nd to last delivery I texted in to the local Alternative Rock station and won tickets to see Manchester Orchestra which I'm super excited about.
  • Being the only driver means I get to take ALL the deliveries.
  • Jolly Green, being new, trusts us drivers to have his password. This means when I want to take a quad, I take a quad, regardless of how many of those pizzas will be marked as "late" in our inflexible dispatch system.
On the other other hand, the one in the middle, the one that'll smack in you in the face if you get too close:
  • One of the boy-band boppers either has a crush on me or has some particular amusement of how dismissively I treat him. I would up the meanness but, from my experience with younger guys, that would encourage both of the previously mentioned ailments.
Ok, so here's the bottome line, $114 off of 25 deliveries. A good $3.27 average tip.

And since lists of numbers are pretty, here's mine:
4 2 0 4 3 0 0 5 2 0 10 2 7 4 5 2 10 5 0 2 0 0 2 4

*I will mention that two of those stiffs happened after I karmically gave away my remaining good luck to TrekMichaels (who still hasn't said what he did with it)

{note} I just realized, while making the title of this post, that I marked all of my prep yesterday as 1/7, whoops

No comments: