Friday, May 29

100th post! and Forced Fundraising

TGIF! For my 100th post we'll start with the negative to get that out of the way and end on a happy note.

Things that did not amuse me:
  • Forced fundraising - we are selling pizza coupon sheets that benefit a women's shelter. I am all for giving to charity....however, El Jefe presented the initiative like this, "Every driver has to buy 10 of these for $3 each and sell them for $5 each." As soon as he said that it was mandatory, my brain shut down. I was out. I immediately do my smart ass thing and question the legality of forcing me to buy things. If he had phrased it something like this I might have been on-board, "We're going to be selling these coupon sheets that benefit this women's charity. I'm going to give you 10 and at the end of the night you get to keep $2 from each sale."

(Did I mention I'm selling them for $3 because the woman's shelter gets the same amount anyway and I don't really care about making a profit out of it.)

  • The customer who gave me a $20 and said "just give me $2 back, no $3......no $2." I was going to be seriously pissed if he had changed his mind and decided to give me less of a tip.
  • ArmyCook sending me home early. I swear that if I want to go home early, he keeps me until 11:00; but if I want to stay so I can make some money, he sends me home as soon as he can. Of course, I argue with him either way. Got away with it tonight and managed to get a triple even after he told me to get my money together.
Things that amused me tonight:
  • A shiny new NIN sticker on the back of a shiny new steel gray Ford Taurus. You know that dude's hardcore.
  • As tonight's Damn-the-Man I didn't break down the boxes before dragging them out to the dumpster.
  • A door hanger that said "Home Tweet Home"
  • Getting paid with a $50 bill. I dunno why, but whenever I get a $50 (maybe because I'm not rich enough to ever get them on my own) I always want to break out my thong, stick the $50 in the side and dance around.
  • Happy Bopper getting seriously catty behind Eyebrows' Ladyfriend's back. She's usually so happy that it's downright silly when she acts any other way.

Walked out with $27 off 7.

No comments: