Sunday, December 14

12/13 Long day

Had a long, longer than 9 hour, day today. It actually didn't seem that long until the end when it was an hour past my time to go home and El Jefe scolds me for not keeping up with the dishes. Admittedly, I deserved it, but in my defense I didn't know that it is the day drivers job to do dishes. Also, he knows and I know that Stinky won't do dishes. After I got done doing my "fair share" (Jefe's words) he cashed me out and ordered Stinky back to do some. Of course, Stinky got his hands wet and then less than a minute later was back at the driver's station. I was pretty mad, but my new policy of letting things roll off of me prevents me from saying anything at work. Stinky can dig his own holes, I don't need to dig along with him. I have faith that one day Jefe is going to work the Saturday day shift and notice that I do all of the work and that Stinky does nothing but prep. Granted, he is really good at prep, but there's only so much prep that needs to be done. Eventually, boxes will need to be folded, dishes will need to be done, things will need to be cleaned. I'd also like to add that StripperGirl's Caveman quit (or transferred. I'm not going to bother to get the details) over Stinky. I did spend Thursday evening trying to convince StripperGirl that if she was going to mess with Stinky (which I don't necessarily oppose, I just don't want to know about it or be involved) she needed to figure out how to not do permanent or costly damage (and possibly how not to go to jail).

It is now really late and I should go to bed. I'm finally unwound. It only took a Smirnoff, four hours, two episodes of Private Practice, and one of Gray's Anatomy (in which I'm pretty sure that the writers were standing around in the prop closet looking for ideas and stumbled upon a giant fan and racked their brains to come up with some way to write it into the storyline in the most ridiculous way possible) (also, I'm pretty sure that the acting is getting worse, if possible).

Tonight I...
Drove 99 miles for 14 deliveries,
Made $33.65 in tips (2 , 2.23 , 1 , 2.16 , 3 , 1.34 , 1.95 , 5 , 0 , 0 , 2.97 , 5 , 2 , 5 , 0),
and essentially made $10.42 an hour.

No comments: