Saturday, October 18

10/18 Stats and 2 Bad 2 Good

Well, I locked my keys in the car again. At least this time my cell phone was in my pocket so I wasn't at the mercy of the person I delivered to. Of course, I was parked in front of a house with a couple of kids who taunted me from behind the window the entire time. The fun part is that that wasn't the first time I'd made myself look like a klutzy moron today. Earlier, I was getting a pizza out of the oven and I knocked down the big bottle of garlic sauce that was sitting on the edge of the counter (where it should not have been) and it fell and exploded garlic sauce all over the back of another girl's pants. In an ironic twist of fate, this was the same girl that happened to pick up the phone when I called to let them know that I had locked my keys in the car.

I saw a guy with a really cool earring. It looked like he had literally taken a brass screw and driven it through his ear. I would think that it would be hard to sleep on with it poking into the side of his face. He was pretty grumpy. He looked at me like I was crazy when I didn't have coins on me to give him change. He had a $17 and change bill and gave me a 20, I gave him two dollar bills back and he stared at me for like 20 seconds than said (in a very annoyed tone), "You can keep the change." Thanks, but no thanks Mr. 69-Cent-Tip.

I guess I should mention the bright spot of my day. The Indian Gentleman that works with me scolded me for dieting, telling me that I was the perfect size. The way he said it, I think he really meant it rather than just trying to give an ego-boost.

Today I...
drove 61 miles for 10 deliveries,
averaged 22.4 miles per gallon,
worked 6.5 hours,
made $25.33 in tips (3.14 , 2.5 , 1.69 , 3 , 2 , .69 , 2.94 , 2 , 3 , 4.37),
and effectively made $10.77 an hour.

No comments: