Friday, October 10

10/9/2008 Stats

Before I give my stats I guess I should mention somewhere that I love data and graphs.  I have decided to calculate my effective wages based on the following formulas:
 
Wages + Tips + Mileage Reimbursement - Cost of gas = Take Home w/o Tax
12%(Wages + Tips + Mileage Reimbursement - (Difference between Mileage Reimbursement and Standard Federal Reimbursement Rate of .585 per mile)) = Taxes
Take Home w/o Tax - Taxes = Effective Pay
Effective Pay / Hours Worked = Dollars Per Hour
 
I should note that I make $6.00 an hour base pay and $1.20 mileage reimbursement per delivery.
 
Last night I...
Drove 26 miles for 5 deliveries,
Averaged 22.2 miles per gallon,
Worked 5 hours,
Got $9.42 in tips ($1.77, $2.50, $4.15, and $1 in quarters!!!!),
and was effectively paid $8.30 per hour.
 
Weirdest customer:  A lady with horrendous painted-on eyebrows.  I couldn't stop staring at them!

No comments: