Monday, November 23

11/22 Frowny-faces and gold stars

I hereby award these customers frowny-faces:
  • Got stiffed, this one very purposefully folded the receipt with the text to the inside after writing a big fat zero in the tip section. No need for that! If you're going to be an asshole, own it!
  • Stiffed again when someone pulled the "signed the receipt so fast without looking" thing to make me think they just overlooked the fact that there's a tip line.
  • Went to the house and it turns out that the guy ordered online and didn't update his address or phone number and no longer lived at that address.
and gold stars to these customers:
  • The same guy as the last frowny-face. He called back to cancel the order and it turned out he lives just out of our delivery area so I offered to deliver it to him (I'll take one of those gold stars!). He gave me a $7 tip.
  • I normally don't award gold stars to change-givers, but this one put hers in a ziplock bag (and it added up to $5.
  • Sometimes adequate tipping is more than adequate. Like when I thought I was getting stiffed by the teenager and the mom caught him and filled in $3 with a nice loud lecture on tipping. Go mom!
Hmmm, store gossip:
  • Ferngully doesn't work here anymore. Apparently she was living with one of our boy-band boppers' parents and she punched the dad in the face and they kicked both of them out. I can't imagine cute little Ferngully doing such a thing.
  • Gelwyn apparently lives in the RV park that I hate delivering to because I always feel like i'm going to get dragged into one of those dark RVs and murdered, my bloated corpse being discovered three states away when a neighbor complains of the stench.
  • OCD either lied or negligently looked at the schedule Saturday night. She was taking the end of my shift (from about 4:30 to 7) and I'd hooked her up with a babysitter for that time. She told the babysitter that I was wrong and got off at 9. They were pissed at me because they thought I'd lied so they'd say ok to babysitting her two monsters (really, they're not very nice children). Sunday morning I got in, verified my shift was till 7. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt that she just mis-looked, but I wouldn't put it past her to lie so that she could pick up a few more hours.
  • J/K was sporting some mirrored shades and the chin-strap beard. It was ridiculous and very very amusing.
Came out with $33 off 9.

1 comment:

Online Printing Company said...

I love how you wrote everything. Funny and entertaining! I'll give this post 10 gold stars! Keep it up!