Saturday, January 3

1/2 and 1/3 Days Running Together

I closed last night so that Other Chick Driver could get some sleep.  I ended up doing a lot of dishes (BigBlack thankfully started them, so I didn't have nearly as many as I could have).  Eyebrows creeped me out all night.  He always manages to take things one step to far and to always be a little condescending.  He's also a little bit short with me and when I ask him to do something he always looks at me like he's going to kill me in my sleep.

Then, I had to open this morning.  It wasn't so bad, Stinky and Manwhore Manager had most of the work done by the time I got there.  Working with Stinky is so draining.  It's not just fighting my urges to throw a fit when he steals my runs, it's that bending myself around any person is draining for me.  I would much rather be able to be completely myself and make little compromises rather than deny myself the right to call him on his bullshit just for the sake of peace.  We were rather slow all day so I actually got off at my scheduled time, which never happens on a Saturday.  I did manage to get a $14 tip in the really rich, slightly out of area neighborhood.

I am not doing very well on my New Year resolution to keep better records.  I think I'm going to have to make it a Fiscal New Year resolution and start on Monday.

No comments: