Sunday, November 9

11/8 A Real Gift From the Pizza Gods

Yesterday I received a real gift from the pizza gods in the form of a $19.14 tip. I don't think that's a record that'll be broken soon. Nothing extraordinary about the delivery that yielded it, normal house, normal looking guy, two pizzas, $20 and change bill, he hands me $40 and says keep the change. I wasn't going to argue with him.

Then, for my last delivery, I got sent out of area b/c Happy Teenybopper on the phone doesn't really know our delivery area yet. On my way to this super posh country neighborhood I saw a castle and a llama farm. On the way back I decided to throw caution to the wind (also I didn't have a map with me) and try to find my way back via the country roads. It was a pleasant, relaxing, drive. I had no idea where I was going but ended up where I wanted anyway.

We went through forty minutes without so much as a phone call yesterday. We all ended up hanging out back, which was alright except for the smoking.

Where I burned myself: Same finger between the first and second knuckle.

Yesterday I...
Drove 68 miles for 13 deliveries,
worked 7.75 hours,
received $58 in tips (6.15 , 0 , 19.14 , 1.10 , 4.04 , 4 , 4 , 3.36 , 4 , 2.77 , 5 , 1.28 , 3.16),
and essentially made $14.73 an hour.

No comments: