Thursday, November 13

11/12 Pepper Spray at the Ready

Last night was the first time I ever got my pepper spray ready to use. It was 8:30, I was delivering to a trailer park where the house numbers are impossible to see. I finally spot the house and there's a couple of guys standing outside. One of them runs up the walkway to get his "aunt" who's going to pay. I walk up to stand on the porch as she comes out and the second guy starts following me up the walk. I felt penned in, so I reached into my pocket and pulled my keys out. I put them in my pizza-holding hand, so that the bag concealed them and I was completely ready to throw the pizza at one guy while I pushed the other down the stairs, using the pepper spray if necessary. Luckily nothing like that happened, but it kind of freaked me out anyway.

In completely unrelated weirdness, I delivered to someone I know for the first time. Not a friend, just someone I know. It was a little awkward.

Where I burned myself: No burns, but I did bruise my shins climbing up in a wooden stool trying to get to the fax machine because it is the only phone from which we can dial long distance (I had a customer at the hotel who left an out of area cell phone # and no room #).

Last night I...
Drove 38 miles for 7 deliveries,
Worked 3.5 hours,
Made $18.10 in tips (5 , 2 , 1 , 2 , 3 , 2 , 3.10),
and essentially made $12.50 an hour.

No comments: