Friday, October 10

First Day on the Job

Last night was my first pizza delivery shift and besides being extremely tired, I'm kind of excited about making some extra $$$. I'm considering pretending that I'm running around with a wad of ones because I'm a stripper instead of a pizza girl (not sure if anyone would believe me though). Speaking of not being confused for a stripper, I think this is going to be extremely helpful in my weight-loss efforts because 1. I'm not vegetating on the couch watching TV and playing my Gameboy and 2. I'm pretty sure this is going to almost ruin me on pizza because the nasty puddles of grease off the pepperoni are seriously nauseating.

I only screwed up one order, I forgot a pizza (which was mislabeled) and had to drive all the way back to the store to get it and got stuck behind a train. Luckily she had already tipped with her online order. Speaking of which, I completely got cheated out of a $5 tip because if they don't put it in online they have to use cash, i.e. they can't write it on the receipt like they can at Dominos.

On the bright side, I didn't have to use my pepper spray even once.

I work again tonight, so we'll see if this gets any easier.

No comments: